With a little more than a day of 2015 to go, it’s almost a reflex to reflect on the year gone by. For me, it’s been a roller coaster of a year, with lots of challenges to work through and difficult situations to overcome. But, at the same time, I can’t help but be grateful for the opportunities that opened up as well. Rather than dwell on the negatives, I’m writing my reverse bucket list for 2015; a list of things I’ve done and am proud of.
- travelled overseas for the first time
- photographed by two awesome street-style photogs (asian impressions & streetscout.me)
- visited whistler for the first time
- featured on the Filipino Post as one of their celebrated Filipinas
- went to my first FIFA game
- hiked garibaldi lake
- partnered with value village for coachella
- started a new job on a new career path
- collaborated with some amazing brands (sarah mulder jewelry, indigo paper jeans, mine & yours)
- visited the great wall, twice
- helped execute a blogger sale
The year was filled with challenges and difficulties, but with successes too. Writing out this list was a nice way to remind myself of that. It’s a bit like writing a resume: we’re so wired to remember our failures that we forget what we’ve accomplished. I’m excited and very much looking forward to what 2016 has to bring.
[ photos by christian nambayan ]