Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival kicked off its first weekend in Indio, CA, increasing my excitement level for weekend two and sending me into a festival inspiration Pinterest frenzy. I attended my first Coachella last year, and learned many lessons on what to pack, what to bring to the festival, and what kind of shoes NOT to wear (ahem, flats). Here’s a few things to have on your packing list to keep calm, cool, collected, and stylish during the festival.
1. Denim shorts: A must-have in your luggage. You’ll be thankful for these when the desert sun is beating down and you’re stuck in the middle of the merch line.
2. Short boots: I would stay away from sandals, because crowds + open-toed shoes are just asking for an injury, and it’s way too hot for knee-high boots. Short boots with a bit of a heel, worked well for my feet during my festival days last year. I stuck a pair of collapsible flip-flops for those downtimes in the shade if my feet needed a break.
3. Crossbody purse: Some swear by backpacks during music festivals, but I found them to be cumbersome while dancing in a crowd. A crossbody purse to hold your essentials is the least obtrusive.
4. External battery charger: Between Instagramming, Snapchatting, and trying to get a hold of your friends on the spotty service, you’ll drain your battery quickly. I’m planning to bring at least 2 external battery packs with me to the festival.
5. Sunglasses: A given in the harsh desert sun. You won’t want to be squinting too much in this sun!
6. Wide-brimmed hat: Protect your head and hair from the elements with a wide-brimmed hat. I usually just stuff mine in my purse during sets.
I’ll be attending weekend two of Coachella this upcoming weekend, and could not be more excited to announce that I will be Village Village’s Festival Style Expert during the festival. I’ve been thrifting almost every week for the last couple of months to gather outfits for the festival, and I’m super excited to share the amazing secondhand finds that showcase my festival outfit looks. I’ll be taking over Value Village’s Instagram account next week – stay tuned!
In addition to styling 3 looks for the festival, I’m giving away a $50 gift certificate to a lucky reader to get their summer wardrobe festival-ready! All you have to do is follow the instructions below to be entered in the contest. A random winner will be drawn and announced on Tuesday, April 21st, so get those entries in – good luck!